Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Cessna 150 toe brake field approval

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for Cessna 150 toe brake field approval

    Hello Everyone,

    I have a local FAA inspector that is willing to help me with a field approval for installing 150 toe brakes in my BC12D.
    Does anyone have a field approval that I can get a copy of? This would help greatly! I would also need photos.

    Thank you,
    Jon

  • #2
    Hi Jon,

    Why would you want to?

    Rob

    Comment


    • #3
      I sent you pics of mine via email...and it is an excellent modification. Click image for larger version

Name:	brake pedal1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	180811Click image for larger version

Name:	brake adapter2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	180812Click image for larger version

Name:	brake adapter4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	180813Click image for larger version

Name:	brake line.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	180814Click image for larger version

Name:	brake pedal2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	180815Click image for larger version

Name:	brake1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	180816Click image for larger version

Name:	brake adapter3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	180817Click image for larger version

Name:	brake pedal3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	180818Click image for larger version

Name:	old axel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	180819Click image for larger version

Name:	installed wheel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	180820Click image for larger version

Name:	final install.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	180821
      N29787
      '41 BC12-65

      Comment


      • #4
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image_12180.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	180824 One here scroll down: http://dc65stc.blogspot.com/2015/10/...fications.html
        N36007 1941 BF12-65 STC'd as BC12D-4-85
        72 is the new 62 so deal with it

        Comment


        • #5
          I have one that I got from the foundation back when you could still get things from them. It's about 20 pages long including the front of the 337. I could email it to you if you give me an address.
          John
          I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by N96337 View Post
            I have one that I got from the foundation back when you could still get things from them. It's about 20 pages long including the front of the 337. I could email it to you if you give me an address.
            John
            Please email paperwork to marfly3@bellsouth.net This will help a lot!!!!
            Thank you.
            Jon

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Robert Lees View Post
              Hi Jon,

              Why would you want to?

              Rob
              Because that's what I like. I have always liked the feel of the Cessna toe brakes.

              Comment


              • #8
                Don't "feel" them too hard! They look like they would be a LOT better than the cable brakes that were original. You might be able to accidentally do an outside loop landing and put her on her back (or at least blow out the tires when you stop the wheels and slide)! Your new brakes look solid enough to easily overcome the elevator on landing roll out and put you on your nose.

                I like them, but would use them VERY lightly! Then again, mine barely hold for a run up. ;-)

                Hank

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hank Jarrett View Post
                  Don't "feel" them too hard! They look like they would be a LOT better than the cable brakes that were original. You might be able to accidentally do an outside loop landing and put her on her back (or at least blow out the tires when you stop the wheels and slide)! Your new brakes look solid enough to easily overcome the elevator on landing roll out and put you on your nose.

                  I like them, but would use them VERY lightly! Then again, mine barely hold for a run up. ;-)

                  Hank
                  Our F-21 had Cleveland's and factory toe brakes. Loved it, and got me out of some trouble a couple times. Like everything you have to respect the airplane and know its limits.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The sensitivity of the toe brakes may be adjustable. Adding a spring over the master cylinder plunger would increase resistance (see Tim's pics above). Altering the toe piece to cylinder plunger geometry may do something similar. I'd make sure when landing there was no potential pre-loading when the rudder portion of the pedals were pressed. Setting the upper pedal angle versus toe position can correct for that somewhat in my experience.

                    Gary
                    N36007 1941 BF12-65 STC'd as BC12D-4-85
                    72 is the new 62 so deal with it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by N96337 View Post
                      I have one that I got from the foundation back when you could still get things from them. It's about 20 pages long including the front of the 337. I could email it to you if you give me an address.
                      John
                      JOHN, send me a copy and I will post it to the forum, or get me the Nnumber and I will order the CD. Tim
                      N29787
                      '41 BC12-65

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by astjp2 View Post

                        JOHN, send me a copy and I will post it to the forum, or get me the Nnumber and I will order the CD. Tim
                        Tim, what's your email....it'll be on its way.
                        John
                        I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Jon, you should have about 21 emails. Let me know if it looks ok.
                          John
                          I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by N96337 View Post

                            Tim, what's your email....it'll be on its way.
                            John
                            astjp2@hotmail.com
                            N29787
                            '41 BC12-65

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ok...on their way to you Tim. Hope they all get there alright. I've got a bunch of stuff that I found that I'd gotten back when you could still get stuff from the foundation. I'll try to get it scanned and sent to you.
                              John
                              I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X