Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC12D metal stringers

Hi

I have just started restoring a BC12 D with metal stringers (G-BVDZ ex N96743)

Does anyone have any details of the woodwork that needs to go onto the fuselage under the baggage compartment to support the ends of the stringers?

Any help appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	181311Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	181310 Here are two photos of the wood under my baggage area.

Comment

That's a great help - many thanks

Comment

Its a different part for metal stringers. The forward section in the second pic is stamped metal piece. I don't have one, but there should be a pic in the parts catalog I posted awhile back

Comment

Thanks for that - I think I have found it

Comment

Ref the baggage compartment - I have the taylorcraft original canvas bag for the baggage compartment which is in good condition so want to fit it - Does anyone have any info as to how it is actually fitted?

Thanks

Comment

Depends on the year and how your plane has been modified over time. The ORIGINAL pre war planes were attached with snaps to hat shelf in back and the back of the seat sling in front. There were some pieces of wood on the sides to allow the snaps to be connected if the sling was too tight.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info - mine is June 1946 and seems to be as the last picture

Comment

Working...
                X