Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left Wing Aux Tank

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • woodmw
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    I must give credit where credit is due. I ordered a CD about 10 days ago. Received it in less than a week.


    Originally posted by woodmw View Post
    The FAA Registration web page states they are currently processing requests from about Sept 20. I would think CD requests are probably a lower priority than registration processes, so 2 months is more likely than 2 weeks. Hopefully someone can help Louis out sooner than info arrives from FAA.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hank Jarrett
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    That just means the IA didn't know the regs well enough to know that the plane is what the TC says it was built as FOREVER. If the TC says it is a BF, it is always going to be a BF. The STC just makes it a BF with a Continental engine, NOT a BC. Most of the engine changes were done under the CAA not the FAA anyway and I don't even know what the CAA required for an engine change. Any really old timers out there know for sure?
    Hank

    Leave a comment:


  • cvavon
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    In the older paper work for 26658 there are reference of the change to BC from BL when it got the Continental engine.

    Leave a comment:


  • louiswp
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    My CD arrived in 10 business days. interesting info but not what I was hoping for. I did see on several 337's though that the IA wrote the Continental was added and now the aircraft is a BC model and not a BL also referenced the TCD for the BC model. The FAA approved it on several 337's so it must be true.

    Leave a comment:


  • astjp2
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    Trust me, the FAA will have the documents to FSDO quite soon because of possible enforcement action. Tim

    Originally posted by woodmw View Post
    The FAA Registration web page states they are currently processing requests from about Sept 20. I would think CD requests are probably a lower priority than registration processes, so 2 months is more likely than 2 weeks. Hopefully someone can help Louis out sooner than info arrives from FAA.

    Leave a comment:


  • woodmw
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    The FAA Registration web page states they are currently processing requests from about Sept 20. I would think CD requests are probably a lower priority than registration processes, so 2 months is more likely than 2 weeks. Hopefully someone can help Louis out sooner than info arrives from FAA.



    Originally posted by louiswp View Post
    If anyone has this 337 for the above mentioned N20429 on hand let me know. I will buy a copy from you if you can email it to me. give you $20.
    I ordered a CD for an aircraft 2 weeks ago and still waiting.

    Leave a comment:


  • astjp2
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    I have the drawings for wing tank installation, I maybe able to get htem scanned or copied. they are pretty beat up. Tim

    Originally posted by louiswp View Post
    If anyone has this 337 for the above mentioned N20429 on hand let me know. I will buy a copy from you if you can email it to me. give you $20.
    I ordered a CD for an aircraft 2 weeks ago and still waiting.

    Leave a comment:


  • louiswp
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    If anyone has this 337 for the above mentioned N20429 on hand let me know. I will buy a copy from you if you can email it to me. give you $20.
    I ordered a CD for an aircraft 2 weeks ago and still waiting.

    Leave a comment:


  • astjp2
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    Please send a copy of this 337 to Robert Lees or Bob Ollerton, they can put it in the tech reference section. Tim

    Originally posted by NC22211 View Post
    We struck upon a solution to the paperwork for adding the left wing tank using prior approval data from a 1955 Form 337. If you're considering this installation, order the FAA CD for Taylorcraft N20429, Serial # 1117. There is a Form 337 approving this installation you may copy and use as supporting evidence.

    If you (or your Inspector) are more comfortable with a modern corroboration, I would highly recommend Terry Bowden, Vintage DER and Taylorcraft Owner.

    One note - before adding a wing tank or two to your 1939 T-craft, it is a real good idea to look hard at what you intend to use it for. That tank(s) and its fuel load put a real crimp in the payload of your 1100# gross little putt-putt. Fill up the tanks and you're flying solo, and only if you've stayed away from the donut stand. Do you really need to fly 5+ hours non-stop? Just saying...

    Leave a comment:


  • NC22211
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    We struck upon a solution to the paperwork for adding the left wing tank using prior approval data from a 1955 Form 337. If you're considering this installation, order the FAA CD for Taylorcraft N20429, Serial # 1117. There is a Form 337 approving this installation you may copy and use as supporting evidence.

    If you (or your Inspector) are more comfortable with a modern corroboration, I would highly recommend Terry Bowden, Vintage DER and Taylorcraft Owner.

    One note - before adding a wing tank or two to your 1939 T-craft, it is a real good idea to look hard at what you intend to use it for. That tank(s) and its fuel load put a real crimp in the payload of your 1100# gross little putt-putt. Fill up the tanks and you're flying solo, and only if you've stayed away from the donut stand. Do you really need to fly 5+ hours non-stop? Just saying...

    Leave a comment:


  • Taylorman
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    Hello,
    I am looking for the same information Bob is asking for.
    I have a 1940 BC65 with only a fuselage main tank and would like to add wing tanks. Anyone with a 337 that I could use for reference would be great.
    Send me a private message with your tail number if you do.

    Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Dreaming
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    I would think using this letter http://www.taylorcraft.org/docs/lett...%20changes.pdf and the a-696 type certificate that you should be able to get the approval.

    Leave a comment:


  • NC22211
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    Terry - Thanks for the offer, which I will use if I can't find records from other 337's to support my installation. You are doing a tremendous job for all Taylorcraft owners, whether they understand that or not - keep at it!

    Sending away for CD's on two possibles suggested by Owners. Bob C

    Leave a comment:


  • barnstmr
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    Bob,
    Your serial no is 4 numbers newer than ours, which was a factory BF, but now has an A75-8. Technically neither of the A-699 nor A-700 TCs give you the option for the wing tank. There is no reason for these models to be any different than the model BC, on TCDS A-696. If nobody can supply a 337, I will knock $100 off my normal fee to provide you with a DER approval.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Dreaming
    replied
    Re: Left Wing Aux Tank

    Originally posted by NC22211 View Post
    The Notes section of TCDS A696 states that all except the seaplane BC series planes are eligible for the left wing aux tank installation. I have a BL model and the A700 does not include this , mentioning only the fuselage tank behind the seat. My DAR wants me to copy the 337 pages used by any one of us who has a BL or BC which later was fitted with a wing tank. Looking for N Numbers of those planes so I can order the CD with the Form 337 approvals. This is another of those paperwork roadblocks on what really is a safety improvement. We have to prove that adding the additional 6 gallons in a factory made wing tank will not cause the plane to plummet from the sky and into an orphanage. Many thanks for your assistance! Bob C
    Thanks for pointing that out. I had missed it before now. I think that TC note and the letter from the New York ACO saying that firewall aft the BC, BL, BF airplanes are the same should be all you need to get a field approval.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X