X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sully
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Lees View Post

What do you mean by your blue text, Sully?
    Nothing meant other than to highlight.

Sully

Leave a comment:

• Robert Lees
    replied
    Originally posted by sully View Post
    So, what is a pair of Eisemann mags worth?
    Working fine when removed from an A-65-8.

No longer Available

Sully
    What do you mean by your blue text, Sully?

They're worth what someone is willing to pay for them. They are also worth paying for the expertise to overhaul them.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Hank Jarrett
    replied
    Those who like Eisemanns, LOVE Eisemanns! I think we need to set up an Eisemann only thread for us to list our spare parts for cooperative repair of our mags.

Leave a comment:

• sully
    replied
    No longer available.

Sully
    Last edited by sully; 08-27-2019, 21:15.

Leave a comment:

• sully
    replied
    Sorry about that. Just removed them a couple of months ago. Last ran a year and a half or so.

No longer available.

Sully
    Last edited by sully; 08-27-2019, 21:16.

Leave a comment:

• Patdevine
    replied
    Wish you had posted before I ordered slick kit. Got a pic, how long they been sitting on shelf?

Leave a comment:

• sully
    replied
    So, what is a pair of Eisemann mags worth?
    Working fine when removed from an A-65-8.

No longer Available

Sully
    Last edited by sully; 08-27-2019, 21:15.

Leave a comment:

• Patdevine
    replied
    Definitely wonít throw them out. Just see if I can fix the bad one for my next project or sell both. One good one bad.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Lees
    replied
    Originally posted by waltermrich View Post
    I have an old LA4 is it worth repairing and who is good at it ? Any suggestions ?
    The LA-4 is essentially an AM-4 with shielding. Internally they are the same (I have a couple of shielded LA-4 mags waiting for me to get round to overhauling them). Externally they are different, and they have shielded connexions for shielded ignition cables.

Please don't throw your old Eisemann's away!

I'm still seeking an Eisemann coil tester, Hank!

Leave a comment:

• Hank Jarrett
    replied
    Wish the shop that did my Eismanns was still around. The guy who ran it retired. He was really great. I got with him and we reworked his mag tester. I learned a lot from him. I learned NOT to stand in the plain of the prop when we were testing my wind generator with a pulley on the shaft. The shaft had a crack and failed. Wish I could count fast enough to know how many walls the pulley bounced off of! He made a cage for it after that. WHOLE LOT OF CLANGS in a very short time! Lucky no one got hit.

Leave a comment:

• waltermrich
    replied
    Thanks Hank

Leave a comment:

• Hank Jarrett
    replied
    Originally posted by Patdevine View Post
    Iíll hang on to them for the moment. Let you know if I decide to let them go. Left was still good. Right was out.
    I rebuilt mine myself and then sent them to a mag shop for an IRAN (Inspect and Repair As Necessary) since legally I wasn't allowed to overhaul them. They came back good. Did the same with a Carb years ago. If you decide you don't want them......DIBS!!

Leave a comment:

• Patdevine
    replied
    Iíll hang on to them for the moment. Let you know if I decide to let them go. Left was still good. Right was out.

Leave a comment:

• waltermrich
    replied
    I have an old LA4 is it worth repairing and who is good at it ? Any suggestions ?

Leave a comment:

• Robert Lees
    replied
    Originally posted by Patdevine View Post
    Apparently no one is accepting the Eisemann cores for deposit. At least not that I have found. Still searching.
    I'll pay you a fair price as an alternative to the old "$100" core deposit.

As Hank says, the coils are the issue, and I'm (slowly) working on that. For a re-wind, the coil core is essential.

But please don't throw those old Eisemanns away.

Rob
    Last edited by Robert Lees; 08-23-2019, 15:03.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X