Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cub waits in barn for 59 years

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Buell Powell
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Hi Jared,
    Hope to see you (and that Cub) there this spring.

    Leave a comment:


  • BarnCub
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Visit: www.rangerairfield.org to view more pictures of the Cub. The website was launched last week and I'm in the process of adding more galleries and posts. The Cub's tear down gallery is coming soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • crispy critter
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    I have a pair of smallmouth bass hanging on my wall that I caught about 3 years ago in Dale Hollow Lake,one is 22 and 1/4 inches weighing 5lbs 10oz. and the other is 24 and 1/2 inches weighing 8lbs 4oz. I caught both of those fish in the exact same place,the larger one on the first day and the smaller one the next day behind the exact same rock. I have caught several smallies since then that was over 22 inches in that lake but have always released them. If I can ever catch one bigger then my 8 pounder then it will be on the wall too. I am a full supporter of catch and release and practice it everytime I fish,but I also see nothing wrong with putting your trophy's on the wall either or a few in the freezer. 23 1/2 is a monster smallie anywhere you go especially that far north....not tooooo uncommen in Dale Hollow if you fish it on a regular basis. Except the one 8 pounder the next largest one I have ever caught it 23 inches. My uncle has caught a couple that went more then 24 inches,one over 25 but they didn't go more then 7 pounds. There' s nothing like a good fight with a nice smallmouth bass(next to flying),IMHO.

    Leave a comment:


  • Forrest Barber
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    We had State record small mouth out of that Pond many moons ago.
    23 1/2 in. measured her, put her back; We called her old mamma.

    Leave a comment:


  • crispy critter
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Forrest,
    Looks like the grandson is enjoying himself there with that nice early springtime crappie. We have a world famous smallmouth bass lake not too far away and it is just about time to stretch some line between them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Forrest Barber
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Got two smallmouth out of the Pond today, Grand Son Adam hit the first one on the first cast... great day in Ohio.... finally . Snow tomorrow :grumpy:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • crispy critter
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Sounds good Forrest,I'm sure I can dig around your hangars and find something I can't live without..... You should consider a trip down here sometime this spring,I've got the bass boat full of gas and ready for the small mouth bass.....we'll go catch some lunch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Forrest Barber
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Kevin , you fly that far, I buy lunch ( especially if you buy parts ) Maybe we invite Dick Huish?

    Leave a comment:


  • BarnCub
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Originally posted by Ragwing nut View Post
    Lonnie Messenger is his name. Did he ever finish the Stinson? He was sparing no expense to do it right and make a very NICE cross country airplane out of it.
    Sorry for the late reply, this one slipped through the cracks.

    They're working on the Stinson. It was put aside while they rebuilt his Luscombe. It was the last plane his dad flew. He found it, bought it, and now it's probably the finest Luscombe in existence. No expense spared.

    He plans to bring the Stearman to the air show/fly-in, hopefully you can make it in your T. Come early and camp.

    Leave a comment:


  • crispy critter
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Originally posted by Forrest Barber View Post
    Kevin, keep up the good work, I have always enjoyed our visits. Wish we could do more of them. for Larry Lyons, Z-Hills ?? Wow you must come visit us sometime. www.canton-airsports.com located here at Barber Airport .
    Ann Pellegrino has relatives here in Canton, Oh and flew into my airport about two years ago in a single engine Beech. Great stories.
    Forrest,
    If possible I might fly the C-170 or Starduster II up to the fly in this year.....we'll see how things go. Either way I'll make a piont to come see ya before too long. We'll flip a coin to see who buys lunch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ragwing nut
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Originally posted by BarnCub View Post
    Ann and Don have flown into Ranger numerous times. Here's a shot of a pass in their Fairchild T-31.
    I saw Ann and Don at our AAA chapter meeting a couple months ago. Don is definitely fun to be around. I have known them for a number of years now. The Fairchild used to be stored at our airport until Don purchased it, and hauled it home to restore years ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • BarnCub
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Originally posted by Forrest Barber View Post
    Ann Pellegrino has relatives here in Canton, Oh and flew into my airport about two years ago in a single engine Beech. Great stories.
    Ann and Don have flown into Ranger numerous times. Here's a shot of a pass in their Fairchild T-31.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Forrest Barber
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Kevin, keep up the good work, I have always enjoyed our visits. Wish we could do more of them. for Larry Lyons, Z-Hills ?? Wow you must come visit us sometime. www.canton-airsports.com located here at Barber Airport .
    Ann Pellegrino has relatives here in Canton, Oh and flew into my airport about two years ago in a single engine Beech. Great stories.

    Leave a comment:


  • crispy critter
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Forrest,
    I should have fabric back on the fuslage and hopefully painted by the end of the month however I still have to replace at least on spar in the left wing and recover both. I don't think it will make it this year but should be no problem for next.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ragwing nut
    replied
    Re: Cub waits in barn for 59 years

    Originally posted by Forrest Barber View Post
    Go to bed earlier, wake up refreshed. Work hard all day , etc..... Wish we had Chamberlins Curtis Condor back here at the Taylorcraft Factory in Alliance . Lockheed 10 & 12 was neat too! Get Crispy ready for Alliance this year!!
    Up to my Axx in Alligators trying to drain the swamp...
    Condor is VERY, VERY RARE. My grandfather searched the world for one back in the 60's and early 70's when Eastern Airlines had a $1M bounty on one for their museum.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X