Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Fuel Float for header tank

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Fuel Float for header tank

    Hi All I have been reading all the past post concerning replacing an old header tank float. I found info on type of wire, wire sizes, guidelines for measuring length, etc
    The only thing I haven't found is reference to
    How to remove the old cork one from the wire so you can install new float and reuse the same cap

    Also how is the new float secured to the wire?

    BTW i found this float on Univair
    415-48057-1 ERCOUPE FUEL GAUGE FLOAT - Univair Aircraft Corporation​

  • #2
    There is probably a washer soldered to the bottom of the wire. Just unsolder the washer, remove the old float, install the new float, and re-solder the washer on the wire. You might put something between the float and washer when you are soldering it back on for insulation purposes.

    Comment

    Working...
    X