Re: A65 Oil Sump
Found this on Barnstormers
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
A65 Oil Sump
Collapse
X
-
Re: A65 Oil Sump
Sorry I don't have an extra long neck. We need someone to make a fixture to extend short necks and make long ones.
Thanks on the 41 windscreen/windshield. I have a message in to Forrest right now to be sure I built it right before I fly it. Kind of ruin your whole day to take off in a freshly redone Taylorcraft and have the windshield explode off the plane! You would be amazed at the visibility. I thought it would reduce visibility with the framing but you don't even notice it.
Now the big compass is a different story! Easy to read but HUGE compared to the little one I used to have there.
Hank
Leave a comment:
-
Re: A65 Oil Sump
Hi Hank,
It should be a long neck tank and preferably with the attachments for a Cub but thank you for the offer. By the way--your windscreen really looks nice--that 41 Deluxe sure is looking classy.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: A65 Oil Sump
What neck length? I think I still have the short neck one.
Hank
Leave a comment:
-
Re: A65 Oil Sump
Ralph,
I need an oil sump for a J-3 Cub with an A65. Do you still have the one you listed?
Buell
Leave a comment:
-
Re: A65 Oil Sump
Ray,
Checked my parts in the barn and had another kidney tank, unfortunately it's another short neck (missed you at SFQ today).
I also found all the parts for the trim indicator if you want to get together and copy the indicator plate. It's really simple. We should be able to bang a couple out in half an hour.
Hank
Leave a comment:
-
Re: A65 Oil Sump
Ray:
The oil tank came from a CUB. It has the CUB style attachments. I wouldn't know if it would fit a Tcraft. Others here may help on clarifying this point.
Ralph
Leave a comment:
-
Re: A65 Oil Sump
Ralph,
What I need is the one with a tube approximately 9.75" long. There should be a part number marked on the flange which mates up to the crankcase halves.
Ray
Leave a comment:
-
Re: A65 Oil Sump
Mark,
Your right. What you have is a shortneck.
Thanks,
Ray
Leave a comment:
-
Re: A65 Oil Sump
Ray:
I have a CUB 4 quart kidney oil tank. Dont recall if long/short neck. It came from the Cub.
Let me know.
Ralph
Leave a comment:
-
Re: A65 Oil Sump
We have this one surplus, but I believe it is a short neck.
Leave a comment:
-
A65 Oil Sump
Does anyone have an extra oil sump for an A65 with the long neck and guage that they can part with? I believe the part number is A-5230 for Taylorcraft.
RayTags: None
Leave a comment: