Re: Rebuilding 1938 BC-65
Hello HPsauce, welcome to the forum! There is no "How To Manual" for rebuilding a Taylorcraft, but there are some great resources out there. A copy of Chet Peeks book on Taylorcraft Airplanes could come in handy. The service manual helps but, as you can probably see, it doesn't tell you how to restore the plane. Rob Lees has a great website at http://www.taylorcraft.org.uk/ that has a lot of great pictures. But I believe his plane is a post war, and as you will find there are many differences between pre and post war planes. Other than that, there are no stupid questions. You can always use the search feature at the top right of this page. Many of the responses have pictures with them. But don't hesitate to ask a question. Also tell us a little about yourself, where are you, your name, how you came to rebuilding a Taylorcraft. A good place to start is by teaching yourself how to upload pictures to this forum by posting one of your project. You WILL need to send pictures eventually.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Rebuilding 1938 BC-65
Collapse
X
-
Rebuilding 1938 BC-65
Hey Everyone,
I'm a new member and first time posting. As fate would have it I ended up with a Taylorcraft BC-65 which is 52 years older then me! Can't tell you how excited I am about building this thing. Unfortunately the plane never came with any logs... If it had I would definitely keep this piece of history as original as possible. Before I get into asking a bizillion questions I would just like to ask one.
Is there any manuals on how to rebuild one of these things? I found the service manual on taylorcraft.org but it is for the BC-12. What are the differences between the two?
Thanks fellasTags: None
Leave a comment: