• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Lees
    replied
    Re: Taylorcraft.com showing some life

I think I'll close this thread.

If anyone has good reason to re-open it, then PM me, or start a fresh thread with an update on the TC holder.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• drude
    replied

Why?

Because the figure anyone stupid enough to do a PMA application must be doing drugs?

Dave R

Leave a comment:

• astjp2
    replied

The drug regulation compliance will be bigger than your PMA package....DAMHIK Tim

Leave a comment:

• drude
    replied

I am somewhat fortunate in that since I am merely doing a replacement a PMA part is all I need.

So I make my on PMA part, have much of the PMA application package ready now.

Having the original drawing is the easiest, just fab one for the repair, but I guess I will never see that drawing.

Dave R

Leave a comment:

• N96337
    replied

Originally posted by drude View Post
    Its not for my plane.

I have a landing gear jig, a pile of gears and some need an axle stub.

They will be for sale and I may start offering repair of gears for others.

Dave R
    Gotcha...a little different, but I'd still say you're doing a repair. If it's for sale, then yeah, a PMA is gonna be layed on you. That's why I didn't do any "kits" when I developed my aux tank STC for Stinsons. It would've opened a whole new can of worms, and it was bad enough as it was!
    John

Leave a comment:

• drude
    replied

Originally posted by N96337 View Post
    He wants you to get a PMA for a part you're producing for your plane??? Tell him to read the regs and go pound sand!
    John
    Its not for my plane.

I have a landing gear jig, a pile of gears and some need an axle stub.

They will be for sale and I may start offering repair of gears for others.

Dave R

Leave a comment:

• 3Dreaming
    replied

Originally posted by N96337 View Post
    He wants you to get a PMA for a part you're producing for your plane??? Tell him to read the regs and go pound sand!
    John
    I think he may be wanting to do more than make a axle for his airplane. At one time he mentioned that he had several landing gear legs that needed repair. Some that had serious rust damage to the axles.

Leave a comment:

• N96337
    replied

John

Leave a comment:

• drude
    replied

Originally posted by skip View Post
    Oh My! where to post this?

It seems that Taylorcraft.com is showing some signs of life.
    http://www.taylorcraft.com/

It is a bit unsettling that the lead-in header photo is a Russian Antonov AN-2 but at least the next three are actually Taylorcrafts.

Common guys! we need Rumors! and Gossip! and Random Speculation!
    It is probably too much to hope for any factual information...
    I called and emailed the "factory" last week, no email response (they bounced back) and phone out of service.

Then I called the FAA/ECO office and talked with the engineer that has Taylorcraft as his responsibility.

He said they have no intent to orphan the TC and were not likely to share the drawing for the B model axle stub that I sought.

He also said he thinks the FAA does have drawings but will not share them without an ok from the TC holder.

There was no encouraging sign that the factory will get going anytime soon either.

He did encourage me to get a PMA for the part based on "unlicensed indenticality" that is done all the time. He explained how and gave me some reference material. I started and have made some progress. He explained that it is a quick process can take a month.

Dave R

Leave a comment:

• M Towsley
    replied

Perhaps, Hank. And how not easily found. I recall it being its own thread and locked.

Leave a comment:

• Hank Jarrett
    replied

How appropriate!

Leave a comment:

• Robert Lees
    replied

The Factory sub-forum is open (and appears to have been for some time). It's located within Humour, Rants & Raves.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• M Towsley
    replied

Hi Rob,

Like I said, not sure what the capabilities are for you guys so I just threw it out there.

I am not sure if opening a Factory thread would be worth the time and trouble as most of the info out there is out there in various threads. Since there has been absolutely no movement or information on the Factory of late, and Forrest has refused to comment with information he alleges to have direct from the Factory, it would be a moot point. Up to you but thank you for addressing it.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Lees
    replied

Fair enough, Marty. I note that you posted that 22 Sept 2014...I would have been buried down some narrow slot canyon in Utah at the time! Not that it's an excuse.

I'll ask Bob Ollerton to open the Factory sub-forum, he's the Admin for this site. I'm just a lowly moderator, and the title below my name was bestowed upon me by him and Forrest...I've never had the heart to change it.

Take care,

Best Regards,
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• Robert Lees
    replied

Fair enough, Marty. I note that you posted that 22 Sept 2014...I would have been buried down some narrow slot canyon in Utah at the time! Not that it's an excuse.

I'll ask Bob Ollerton to open the Factory sub-forum, he's the Admin for this site. I'm just a lowly moderator, and the title below my name was bestowed upon me by him and Forrest...I've never had the heart to change it.

Take care,

Best Regards,
    Rob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X